Tuesday 28 January 2014

Jupiter's Sewing

In Year 6 Jupiter, for our make do and mend project we have been using sewing to turn one piece of 
clothing into another. Obviously you can't go mad and turn some socks into a hat, but within reason, you can do anything. Myself, I turned a T-Shirt into a vest, and then I sewed a red stripe across the new vest. I'm giving my hard worked gift to my generous dad. He did give the shirt to me in first place. 

We have been working on this project for nearly two half terms now and it has come along really well for everyone. The strangest I've seen is my friend Billy has turned a pair of shorts into a hat. He then sewed a black bit of felt across it to make it look different colours on each side. It looks great!

The other year six class, Saturn have also been doing the same project for the same amount of time and they have been doing just as well. Also there has been some pretty mad projects as well. 

Though the reason we have all done so well, is because we had such great teachers, and they are Miss Hemmings and Miss Smiles. Even though Miss Smiles admits that she cannot sew, she was still a great teacher. Also we have had a great helper that has been coming in every single week and helping us, and that person is my nan, Christine. 

By Conor


No comments:

Post a Comment